Source: Harnois à la carte | Portions: 2 meals or 4 starters
- 250 g of fresh salmon
- 70 g of smoked salmon
- 5 slices of prosciutto
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- Lime juice from ¼ of a lime
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon of Sambal Oelek
- Olive oil (good quality)
- White balsamic vinegar
- Capers to taste
- Fresh basil
- Fresh chives
- Panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- Cut up both types of salmon as well as the prosciutto into very small cubes and place in a bowl.
- Add the green onion, finely chopped basil and chives, lime juice, Sambal Oelek, and capers.
- Add in olive oil and white balsamic vinegar to taste, always respecting the ratio of 2-3 parts oil for one part vinegar.
- Let rest for 20 minutes, allowing the flavors to blend.
- Add a bit of Panko just before serving to add a crunchy texture.
Serve in a ramekin or form into balls with an ice cream scoop. Eat with toasted bread or homemade fries.